- Jave Brucea Fruit
- Bruceae Fructus
|Medicinal Group||Heat-clearing and detoxicating medicinal|
Dried ripe fruit of Brucea javanica (L.) Merr. (Fam. Simarubaceae)
|Nature and Flavors||bitter; cold; slightly toxic|
|Meridian Affinity||Liver, Large intestine|
To remove heat toxin, interrupt malaria, to relieve dysentery, and to cauterize vegetations
Dysentery , malaria; external use for wart, corn
- Oral medication with oral Fructus bruceae oil could effectively improve the efficacy of radiotherapy in esophageal cancer, including a reduction in esophageal obstruction, and also reduce the side effects of radiotherapy
- Fructus Bruceae oil emulsion combined with chemotherapy can improve the cellular immune function and quality of life in patients with mid-late stage non-small cell lung cancer.
- Combination of ganji recipe and interventional therapy with Fructus Bruceae Oil Emulsion in treating advanced primary hepatic cancer could improve patients' quality of life, raise the 0.5- and 1-year survival rate, and prolong the survival time. 
- Bronchial arterial infusion with oleum fructus bruceae Injection and chemotherapeutic agents in treating advanced non-small cell lung cancer could enhance the objective therapeutic effect of simple chemotherapy, as well as raise the quality of life and protect immune and medulla function in patients.
Can harm the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidney. Do not use it in larger amounts, or for long periods. Contraindication or used with great caution in patients who have liver and kidney diseases
Allergic reactions in topical application, anaphylactic shock [1, 2, 3]
Zheng GQ et al. A report on three cases of anaphylaxis caused by external application of the fruit of Brucea javanica. Bulletin of the Chinese materia medica, 1986:11–12
Shan GY, Zhang S, Li GW, Chen YS, Liu XA, Wang JK. (2011). Clinical evaluation of oral Fructus bruceae oil combined with radiotherapy for the treatment of esophageal cancer. Chin J Integr Med. , 17(12):933-6. doi: 10.1007/s11655-011-0953-2. Epub 2011 Dec 3.
- Tian HQ, Yu SY, Wang B. (2007). Effect of Fructus Bruceae oil emulsion on cellular immune function and quality of life in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 27(2):157-9.
- Wang B, Tian HQ, Liang GW. (2009). Effect of ganji recipe combined with Fructus Bruceae oil emulsion intervention on quality of life in patients with advanced primary hepatic cancer. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 29(3):257-60.
- Bai ZP, Deng XS. (2010). Effect of oleum fructus brucease injection via bronchial arterial infusion in treating advanced lung cancer. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 30(8):838-40.