- Pinellia Tuber
- Pinelliae Rhizoma
|Medicinal Group||Phlegm resolving medicinal|
Dried tuber of Pinellia ternata (Thunb.) Breit. (Fam. Araceae)
|Nature and Flavors||pungent; warm; toxic|
|Meridian Affinity||Spleen, Lung, Stomach|
To dry dampness to resolve phlegm, direct qi downward to relieve nausea and vomiting, and eliminate stuffiness in the chest and the epigastrium
Cough and asthma with much phlegm; dizziness and palpitation due to wind-phlegm; vertigo caused by wind-phlegm; headache with cold extremities due to attack of phlegm; stuffiness in the chest and the epigastrium; globus hystericus. Processed with ginger: is often used for relieving nausea and vomiting. Prepared Pinellia Tuber: is often used in removing dampness and resolving phlegm. Unprocessed: is used externally for boils, sores and lymphadenitis
- The herbal medicine TJ-109 (consisting of Pinellia tuber) effectively reduced the incidence of acute tonsillitis. 
- Tracheitis Plaster (consisted of pinellia tuber) is a highly effective transcutaneous absorbent with promising long-term effect and could regulate the immune function.
Incompatible with Radix Aconiti and allied drugs
Improper use can cause poisoning 
- Goto F, Asama Y, Ogawa K. (2010). Sho-saiko-to-ka-kikyo-sekko as an alternative treatment for chronic tonsillitis to avoid surgery. Complement Ther Clin Pract. , 16(4):216-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2010.02.006. Epub 2010 Mar 19.
- Huo GR, Ma LQ, Huang CH. (2001). Clinical study on treatment of chronic bronchitis by tracheitis plaster. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 21(11):816-8.
- 張玉修、王均寧、張成博 (2011)。<半夏中毒及預防概述>。 山東中醫誌，4。