- Prepared Rehmannia Root
- Rehmanniae Praeparata Radix
|Medicinal Group||Blood-tonifying medicinal|
Prepared dried root tuber of Rehmannia glutinosa Libosch. (Fam. Scrophulariaceae)
|Nature and Flavors||sweet; slightly warm|
|Meridian Affinity||Liver, Kidney|
To nourish yin and replenish blood, reinforce essence and marrow
Root and Rhizome
Yin-deficiency of liver and kidney, aching and weakness of the loins and knees, hectic fever and bone-steaming, night sweating, seminal emission, internal heat and thirst. Anemia with shallow complexion, palpitation, abnormal uterine bleeding, dizziness, tinnitus, grey hair and beard when young
- Bushen Qiangdu Recipe (consisting of prepared rehmannia root) showed significant effect in treatment of ankylosing spondylitis. 
- Bushen Houxue method (consisted of prepared rehmannia root) combined with ultrasound-guided follicle aspiration is a safe and effective treatment for refractory polycystic ovary syndrome, with few trauma.
- Dandi Tablet (consisted of prepared Rehmannia Root) has the effect of elevating levels of estrogen and improving blood lipid metabolism, therefore shows a coronary heart disease preventive effect in women of postmenopausal stage.
- Runmushu Oral Liquid (consisted of prepared rehmannia root) with artificial-tears can alleviate the eye symptoms, promote the secretion of tears in treating postmenopausal women xerophthalmia. 
Report on adverse effect
- Wang H, Yan XP, Kong WP. (2011). Effect of bushen qiangdu recipe on osteoporosis and bone loss of patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 31(4):471-5.
- Liang RN, Liu J, Lu J. ( 2008). Treatment of refractory polycystic ovary syndrome by bushen huoxue method combined with ultrasound-guided follicle aspiration. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 28(4):314-7.
- Liang R, Chen MR, Xu X. (2003). Effect of dandi tablet on blood lipids and sex hormones in women of postmenopausal stage. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 23(8):593-5.
- Wei D, Li YH, Zhou WY. (2009). Observation on therapeutic effect of runmushu oral liquid in treating xerophthalmia in postmenopausal women. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. , 29(7):646-9.